Made with WINE CORKS! I love this wreath for multiple reasons... its cute, its crafty, it's great for any season and all holidays with a simple switch of the bow, and getting all those wine corks isn't a horrible process ;)
So, how to?
- Take your 40% off coupon over to Michaels and buy a foam floral wreath.
- Cut a bunch of tooth picks in half and heat up your hot glue gun.
- Now, pick a spot.. any spot.. to start attaching your corks! I started mine in a completely random spot on the front of the wreath and just spread from there. However, I will tell you that you may need to do some rearranging before gluing and/or planning to ensure that you don't have too big of a open space showing between corks... (side note: I painted my white foam wreath a nude/brown just in case some spaces showed, but it probably wasn't necessary)
- To attach, stick the pointy end of a toothpick half into one end of a cork aaand stick it into the foam wreath! Once you get going, place some hot glue at the base of each cork to help them stick. I put in about 20, then glued those, then just started gluing each one as I went... Just wanted to make sure I was happy with how it started before I began gluing.
A couple notes:
- Be R A N D O M with your corks!
- Pick the most creative side, which isn't necessarily the side with the winery logo. Broken corks are great, or ones that are rich in color
- Find a couple ones that you really like and give them a special spot in your wreath... like my <3 cork!