I always get asked, "so you use saws and everything?" - or questions similar - after laughing to myself and a sideways grin, the simple answer is always "YES". So rather than doing a Q&A, I've simply done an "A" and have tried to answer all of the questions I've seemed to get over the last couple years, including my 5 favorite/go-to/can't-live-without tools at the end of this post! Enjoy :)
- Yes, I make my own projects.
- Sure, I suppose I am pretty handy.
- No, my husband doesn't make things for me to paint - I don't have one of those! ;)
- I never took a wood shop class or anything, but would LOVE to!
- I'd love to extend me learning by taking classes, but with my schedule it would probably be an online class. In the meantime, I am constantly learning things from online videos and what not.
- I've learned over the years from watching my brothers and my dad, but I teach myself a lot as I go.
- The most difficult build yet is probably the wine stave barstools I made for my mom. Tricky little buggers.
- No, I don't want to make those barstools for you too ;)
- AND LASTLY - the 5 faves - my go to tools - in no particular order:
Ryobi Impact Driver - because it's badass
Kreg Jig - for the cleanest looking projects because of the pocket screws, which means.. no visible hardware! I use this for everything from small signs to coffee tables. (and, ladies.. I was a little intimidated by this when I first bought it, but I promise, it tells you exactly how to use it!) Check it out here.
Corner Cat Palm Sander - THE sander to have. I was using a square one before, but this one just makes life SO much easier! Plus, cordless.
Jig Saw - because California cut outs are a MUST in my collection.
Sawsall - TIME SAVERRR on pallet destruction.. and time is money, so... thanks, Sawsall!