- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 large cucumber, grated
- 3 Tb EVOO
- 1 Tb balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- sea salt to taste
- & I used precooked chicken meatballs from Costco
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in water for about 20 minutes.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave the zucchini to make "noodles".
- Drain and rinse the sun-dried tomatoes and place them in a blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients (except zucchini) and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat sauce in a saucepan over low heat.
- While sauce is heating, toss zucchini noodles in a pan with a little bit of EVOO. Sauté for about 4 minutes, or until heated. Do not overcook!
- Top zucchini with sauce and enjoy!
I love the added chicken meatballs to this recipe! Or try adding ground turkey to your sauce!
Let me know any modifications you may make to my recipe! I am always looking for new ideas to try!!